Monday, July 13, 2009

Well, speaking of the moon...

So today, Rachel and I took Joseph and Peter to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the dollar theater (I love dollar theaters). They liked it well enough...I loved hearing them giggle during the film, usually when there was some kind of comic injury or other gag...it's just so adorable. We went out to eat afterwards, and then got ice cream at one of those great mom and pop homemade ice cream places. We sat outside the shop at a picnic table and enjoyed the warm evening air while savoring our confections...Rachel a strawberry sundae, myself a small vanilla cone, and the boys wielding great, mountainous medium vanilla cones. Two other families with little children were enjoying treats outside as well, and our conversation was light and everything pleasant pretty much! Now, the ice cream stand is located on a fairly busy two-lane country road, which I was seated facing. Three high school-age boys came, riding their bikes past lazily, laughing and talking to each other like they were just that cool, you know? I was idly licking my cone and observing them ride by. They were nearly past. The last fellow was standing up to pedal, and I noticed, well, that he had some crack going on above his oh-so-cool really baggy jeans and ineffectual belt. I laughed to myself and said half aloud, "Hey, that kid better be careful, or -- oh my GOSH, that kid's BUTT is totally hanging out!!"

Of course, everyone looks.... Peter and Joseph see their first public mooning (albeit accidental mooning, thank God).... what can I say, I was so surprised by my prediction coming true before my very eyes that I just announced it to the world without thinking.....yeeeeeahh.

But man, you shoulda been there to see how Pete and Joe cracked up. Sorry, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment